school network

Status
Not open for further replies.

atpat22

Baseband Member
hi my class is in need of a graphics computer for a couple of days and i oppted in and sayed thay could borrow mine, how does that work

Well, you have to take your computer in and then they use it.

If you are talking about adding it the network, the sys admin would have add it.

ya im talking about adding it
i already have file on there system so can i not
just pug it in

Could you please give us more details about what you are trying to do? So far, I have gathered that you are bringing your PC to school to use for graphical purposes, but beyond that, it gets sketchy.

It seems that you are trying to add your PC to the school network. If this is what you are trying to do, the best thing to do is contact your School's IT department (actually, have your Teacher / Professor do it.... they will be likely be more inclined to get it done) and ask them to set it up for you.

I am not sure what you meant by:
atpat22 said:
i already have file on there system so can i not
just pug it in

you would have to load the software at home (providing the school has it on CD), and lug the tower to school each day (hope you have a car). I offered that to my school and the teacher said i couldnt, due to viruses getting into the school's network.

I lug my pc between school and home every day...

but, unlike your situation I do not have internet at home, only at school...

I have my pc set up like normal, I have an administrative account and I am the only one who can get on it...

the way I access the network without haveing to add my pc to it is:

network places > microsoft windows network > then I just access my schools server from there to transfer files accordingly...

o yay im just leaving it there for a few days and i only live a 1 min walk from school

Juice Daddy said:
I lug my pc between school and home every day...

but, unlike your situation I do not have internet at home, only at school...

I have my pc set up like normal, I have an administrative account and I am the only one who can get on it...

the way I access the network without haveing to add my pc to it is:

network places > microsoft windows network > then I just access my schools server from there to transfer files accordingly...

We have some retarded thing so we cannot access school servers that way... I have one more thought though.

Anyways just plug it in. Should work :)

I am sorry buddy, but it is going to be very difficult to assist you with this problem, as it seems your English isn't to great, and your posts are short and VERY non-descript. From here, there are 2 things I can suggest.

1. As I stated in my previous post, speak with your teacher, and have them contact the IT department to set up you PC to connect to the network.

2. Try to provide us with more details about the issue. You said that you cannot connect to the network without installing things. This is a very bland description of the problem.... WHAT do you have to install?? A network card? Card drivers? special software?

#1 is your best bet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom