School network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope it worked for you... Man, I remember the highschool days... our network admin's were SOOOO lax, it wasn't even funny. We would play Quake over the school network, when some of us had class in different computer labs at the same time, it was GREAT... (talking 1998 here, so Quake and Quake II were pretty much the best things at the time). Then there was when we had all the library computers dump their cache onto the shared network drives.... man, that network drive filled up so fast.... Then the kicker.... senior year in an Advance Placement Computer programming class, they took away our SWEET Borland C++ complier software because in 2001 was about the time the software piracy crackdown was, and some place was doing audit's, and the school had NO LICENSES for the software we were using... So we got stuck with some bargain basement C++ compiler that half the time, didn't even compile correctly.... Ahhh, those were the days. It was all harmless, and the IT people at my school were pretty lazy (could be seen playing games on their computers in their office most of the time), so I really don't feel bad about it. Now, being older and more mature, I wouldn't do that, cause I'd get sacked.... Hard to pay a mortgage without a job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom