School Computers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love reading these "get around my school's policy/firewall" threads. It just gives Network Admins like me more info on what to look for and lock down.

Wow, never seen this question asked before. This is really rare. I'm not sure, but this is almost as rare as grains of sand on the Earth...

:mad::mad:

Look, yer school's network is there for a reason. You should be learning in school instead of dorking around (not to mention possibly endangering your education by hacking the network).

ShoobieRat said:
Wow, never seen this question asked before. This is really rare. I'm not sure, but this is almost as rare as grains of sand on the Earth...

:mad::mad:

Look, yer school's network is there for a reason. You should be learning in school instead of dorking around (not to mention possibly endangering your education by hacking the network).

Ah, I have found an opposite position there, as myself in high school I did the same thing.

You're learning more about computers, as you expirement/explore with them.

"Learning about computers" is not an excuse to hack/circumvent your school network...especially if you get caught.

If yer bored, see about doing something more constructive.

When I was in high-school, I was totally bored in any class that had computer learning in it, since I already knew more than the comp teachers and all. I ended up helping updating machines and helping other students who weren't so good with computers.

ShoobieRat said:
"Learning about computers" is not an excuse to hack/circumvent your school network...especially if you get caught.

If yer bored, see about doing something more constructive.

When I was in high-school, I was totally bored in any class that had computer learning in it, since I already knew more than the comp teachers and all. I ended up helping updating machines and helping other students who weren't so good with computers.

Excuse me.... if you're not doing it FOR THE POINT OF MALICIOUS(sp) ACTS, it's perfectly fine... but if you're going into under the thinking of "Hrm, let's see how I can hack the network to be cool," or, "Hrm, I wana show all my buddies I'm SO SMART!!" That's not okay.... If you're in it for the learning purposes (which I was/am) it's okay. Now, since I've done/been doing this stuff, my system admins and techs at my school come to ME for questions and help.. I'm now the gofer(sp). It's all okay unless you're going to do _bad_ things.

And what's this part about 'especially if you get caught'... If you don't get caught, you're just as guilty, and either way, your conscience should tell you the right thing to do. As with me, after the first few times.. I impressed the teacher.. and now I tell him/her.

Urrmmm yeah at my school you can get into C:/ Drive

We just logon to the network or the comp hard drive we have a desktop but no icons or cant activate it onli the start menu and normal stuff , but there is a way we do it by press TAB,SPACE BAR , ENTER

its kinda a shortcut they dont no about it might not work the first time but if u keep doing it u should bring up all the network folders files C:/ ect./ except the Ctrl panel!!!

But we have the gayest computers any way lol 10gig HDD Pentium 166Mhz
and Pentium 600Mhz :| so cruddy

SkyHi said:
Excuse me.... if you're not doing it FOR THE POINT OF MALICIOUS(sp) ACTS, it's perfectly fine... but if you're going into under the thinking of "Hrm, let's see how I can hack the network to be cool," or, "Hrm, I wana show all my buddies I'm SO SMART!!" That's not okay.... If you're in it for the learning purposes (which I was/am) it's okay.

Actually, that is incorrect. By federal law, the definition of hacking a computer is "knowingly" gaining access to a system......the intent doesn't matter because it's irrelevent. If you know what you are doing....it's considered hacking.....pretty thick and visable line. Trust me on this....I have been involved in federal and civil courts cases many many many times over and the reason is totally irrelevent. The policies in place are there for a reason.....plain as day. Some people, companies, educational facilities may take this act differently than others and may not press charges.....but they COULD if they wanted to. It's far from "perfectly fine...."

Yeah, under that kind of logic, I should be able to pick the locks on people's houses and cars, without getting arrested, because I'm "just learning how locks work."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom