satellite Internet connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sallie

Beta member
Has anyone tried the satellite for Internet connection? I am having so much trouble staying connected with dial up, that I am thinking of getting one of those satellites. They are sooo expensive but Internet is now a great information source for me. I get online about five hours a day.

Thanks. Very helpful. I am so desparate because of loss of connection, that I may go with satellite. There's one out there called blue something.

I DON'T like that Fair Access clause mentioned in the other thread. That would be even worse than frequent disconnects.

It must be pretty bad, if you are considering paying a lot more for speeds that still aren't that great. Have you tried any other dial up companies, or do all of them have frequent disconnects?

It is bad. We have two isp companies. We get knocked off both; that's why I think it is the phone line.

Anyway, I thought of something else. My hubby LOVES telephones, and he has ten phones and two computers hooked into the one jack that comes into the house. Could this possibly be the problem?

Not sure, it could be. One day when you dont need the phone for a while, unplug them all and see if it still happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom