Running Seperate Installations on 1 Computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatsumasa

Beta member
I was just wondering if its possible to run a program installed on My Computer. And run the same program again installed on another Computer, but using the network and having it operate in a window on My Computer.

Without having to remote connect to the Other computer...

Simply put I want to basically make a shortcut on My Computer that starts a program thats installed on another computer but runs it on mine since I opened the Shortcut...

Is this even possible. cuz it would make my job much easier.

Thanks for any help in advance.

Not possible. You dont have any of the required files to run the application let alone have the ability to just drag and drop it from that PC to yours.

Like an application that runs via thin client? Sure. Depends on the program, but it is nothing different than applications that run on a citrix client or something else like terminal services. Again, you can't just pick a client out of thin air that will run like this, has to be one that supports running on a thin client, but... the logic is the same. Not just as easy as setting up the short of the application to another computer and running it... but it can be almost that easy. Either way, the logic is the same... meat and potatoes of the application resides on another computer and all of the functionality is vailable on the client you run it on without having the heavy footprint of the application running on the client that you are on. Just what is absolutely necessary to run the application in a think client mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom