Running programs with Belkin router firewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

phatxtiger

Solid State Member
I could use softwares such as eMule (www.emule-project.net) before using this router. With the router connected, I can't.

I do not care about the firewall the router provides; I already have a software one (Norton Internet Security).

I tried enabling the DMZ. For the last number, I used the IP address that CMD gives when I type in "ipconfig". It did not solve the problem.

Emule uses 4662 TCP and 4672 UDP. I was not sure which one went under which column (trigger, public), so I tried all the possibilities of allowing the ports. It did not solve the problem. I even tried allowing ports from 1 to 33333. It did not work.

Please help me use both the router and the software. I do not care if it means losing the firewall that Belkin router provides.

Hi,
You probably already done this, but check if there is a firmware update for your router. From your email I do not fully understand whether you already tried 'port-redirect' or not (assuming your LAN is NATed). Sometimes just opening the ports is not enough, but I think you are saying you attempted to direct them to your PCs IP address. Correct?
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom