Running CAT5...

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's costs alot over running basic cat5 cables, but is a great solution. I wonder how it disturbs the power lines, i.e. power noise and how it affects the PSU.

it doesn't moves as fast on old as heck electrical wire.

if you had an unfinished basement, you could drop the wire to the basement and run it through the walls to upstairs and make plates for them

MY house hast Cat-5e and RJ6 cables throughout, i'd say run te cat-5/6 under the house or fish tape it through the walls if you dont wanna knock them down

Cat5/5e can handle gigabit, why should he get Cat6? i have FiOS running into my service box upstairs and my house networks with Cat5e i dont see no diffirence in cat 5vscat6 but thats just e since i dont send huge files over the networ that often. someone enlighten me

cat 5e maybe, but I know for a fact that five don't. one day I was copying my 170 gigs of music to another computer. 7 hours later when it was saying 5-6 hour left, I click on my network properties. it show my transfer rate at 100mbps. I realize that I had a cat5 (it was maybe a cat 5e) cord. I switched the cord. I re copied everything since I didn't know what I had copied so far. it took 2 hours this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom