Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buffalo

• Other (Please specify)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
NC and Maine. Sounds like power problems to me. Homes built in older areas like that can cause electronics to go haywire. Course if you bought it new and it was V2 then you bought it somewhere around 06?

Those weren't made by Cisco. I have a V2 WRT54G still running after 6 years of service. I think people here just got the crappier versions after 5 that came with the smaller antennas and the **** firmware. Course, if you had flashed it to DD-WRT it would have made mince meat of that Belkin.

After it failed I tried to flash it to DD-WRT and it wouldn't take it. The Belkin one we had wasn't all that great of a router but the thing lasted forever. It still works today but it's been replaced because it's slow compared to the new ones.

NC and Maine. Sounds like power problems to me. Homes built in older areas like that can cause electronics to go haywire. Course if you bought it new and it was V2 then you bought it somewhere around 06?

The house we were living in was roughly 5 years old at the time and didn't have any electrical problems. The router was also plugged into a surge protector along with the modem, printer, computer and monitor it was next to at the time and none of those had any issues.

Lol you can't flash a dead mobo with a new bios so no offense but that was kind of dumb. V2 was released before 2004 and was the last good WRT54g. If you had a model after this then you got a crappy one. I think the reason mine has lasted so long is because I put a heatsink/fan on the CPU to overclock it.

The reason I brought up the power thing is because New England is the oldest part of the states and some areas don't have the best power grid.

It was used in a new apartment complex in cary,NC.... it was Cornerstone Apartments if you really wanna get nitty gritty with the place.... that was built in 1997. had decent electrical and was used on an APC UPS. so no electrical reason....

Mushc of cary,nc is new buildings since the area exploded with growth and slowed down massivley when Cisco and Nortel had those layoffs :-(

although you'd think at they would be pretty good considering they're made by Cisco.

Cisco really isn't anything special. It's just a marketing machine. Juniper makes some nice products also, and they have some REALLY nice features compared to Cisco, but switching from one CLI to another can be a PITA.

Currently, D-Link DIR-655
Also have a Linksys WRT54GS laying around, honestly didn't notice much difference when I switched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom