Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buffalo

• Other (Please specify)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the routers I use is Asus RT-N17 ( I use it only as n access point) with DD-WRT installed in it.

the second one is Linksys E4200 (great router with great performances and pretty good stock software, but the WiFi signal drops to fast with range).

I also used Linksys WRT54GL and Liksys WRT150N. Both routers are great. The "only" diference betwen them is that WRT54GL is stil working fine and WRT150N is not.

We have a NETGEAR WNDR4500 Dual Band router. The thing is crazy fast. Not sure why my dad decided we needed to get that one but we did. The USB ports on it are pretty handy for network storage but I much preferred it when our printer had a dedicated IP address and I didn't need NETGEAR readyshare software for my computers to print. We used a Belkin 54G router for a solid 5 years before we got this and it was a good router but became a huge bottleneck so we stopped using it. We had a Linksys WRT54G which was a complete piece of junk. It was far slower than the Belkin router that was supposed to replace and it died after about 3 months of use so be brought the Belkin back in service. I Don't think I'd ever buy anything with the name Linksys on it because of that, although you'd think at they would be pretty good considering they're made by Cisco.

I have a "Ubee" router / cable modem... Given to me by Brighthouse. Works well, easy to set up. I have no problems with it :tongue:

I have some NETGEAR wireless N router, no idea what model.

It should be right up underneath the router beside the barcode.
If its a white range max netgear router beginning with WPN824N....
I would keep my toes crossed and hope that thing doesn't give out for unknown reasons.
I never want to look that way of netgears range max routers again.

Nothing but heart ache trying to fix the blasted thing.

what's what everyone and NETGEAR?

if you got a bad one it's a netgeat and not a netgear....

I made a facebook page for netgeat router owners

facebook.com/netgeat

But I still think someone should give amped wireless a try.... I might... ^_^

i wanna have HARDCORE COVERAGE!!

and check out this HARDCORE THROUGHPUT!!!!!

XNfwX.png

We have a NETGEAR WNDR4500 Dual Band router. The thing is crazy fast. Not sure why my dad decided we needed to get that one but we did. The USB ports on it are pretty handy for network storage but I much preferred it when our printer had a dedicated IP address and I didn't need NETGEAR readyshare software for my computers to print. We used a Belkin 54G router for a solid 5 years before we got this and it was a good router but became a huge bottleneck so we stopped using it. We had a Linksys WRT54G which was a complete piece of junk. It was far slower than the Belkin router that was supposed to replace and it died after about 3 months of use so be brought the Belkin back in service. I Don't think I'd ever buy anything with the name Linksys on it because of that, although you'd think at they would be pretty good considering they're made by Cisco.
Those weren't made by Cisco. I have a V2 WRT54G still running after 6 years of service. I think people here just got the crappier versions after 5 that came with the smaller antennas and the **** firmware. Course, if you had flashed it to DD-WRT it would have made mince meat of that Belkin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom