Routers make me mad sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

surion

Baseband Member
Ok so im trying to host my radio station from my computer again somethng i havnt done in years but i am having problems with my server programd not connecting to my host program. And i know it has to do with my rount. now the programs uses ports 8000 and i opened that port on my router and i also have DMZ opens and nothin still works. can someone help me

Check to see if the router has a built in Firewall. That might be a reason why, but if you opened that port, it should work. Double check to see everything is correct again.

divide and conquer,

connect that computer directly to the internet without the router. Does it work then? Do you have the internet connection firewall on? By default it is. Do you have any other firewalls?

If you get it to work then connect through the router again. My guess is Lasha is on the right track bringing up the firewall. Also check your software documentation to see if there are any other ports needed. some routers give you the choice between UDP and TCP when forwarding a port, make sure you pick the correct one. Good luck and let us know how you do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom