Router Speed Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamloco724

In Runtime
we have a viewsonic wr100 wireless router.. when the main pc isnt turned on my pc moves super fast..and even when one of our laptops is on also im still going fast..but once we boot up our main pc my pc slows down dramaticly..this happens when my pc is on by its self or when we have a laptop on also..either way it happens once we boot up the main machine..is there any ideas to wat the problem is or anyway i can fix this

It is possible that your "main pc" has a massive amount of spyware/viruses on it that are silently consuming bandwidth. When you first boot up this pc, go to start -> run -> type cmd Then type (into the prompt) "netstat -a" There should only be a few (and probably none) connections there to external computers (look for long names and IPs that do not start with 192.168 or 10.10) If there are a lot, then that is likely your problem. Also, when this problem pc is on, look at the lights on your router that indicate traffic. If nothing is flashing, then you have a very strange problem, and I would probably reset your router (there should be a button or something on your router that does that. Make sure that you know your login for your modem if your router includes a modem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom