Router to ROUTER! WIRELESSLY~!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B34ST1Y

In Runtime
has anyone ever heard of a router associating itself with another router, wirelessly? Basically having the two communicate wirelessly, instead of wired....:/

If I am correct, just get an access point that can bridge, and bridge the two routers together.

I make it seem too easy though...

ok, since nobody seems to know this, I went ahead and kept scouring the internet for an answer! XD

- the Linksys WRT54G has a cracked firmware written for it, that allows startup scripts to be run....which can set the router into "client mode" and, given the MAC address of the other router, it can communicate with it as though it were a NIC card! amazing isnt it? Man I love technology....dont go out and spend 100 bucks on a wireless repeater! SIMPLY GO OUT AND BUY A wrt54g router, get the cracked firmware, BOOST the mW output, and put her into client mode...ALL FOR around 40-60 bux! WOW XD

Problem is if you have 2 routers on the one network, unless you know what you are doing, it tends to confuse the other computers to what router they should communicate to when it comes down to internet access.

no you just set your main AP that you physically are connected to....as the main gateway, and you set your router to uplink the IP it's given to its main gateway...its simple ^_^

B34ST1Y said:
has anyone ever heard of a router associating itself with another router, wirelessly? Basically having the two communicate wirelessly, instead of wired....:/

Please expand on "router associating itself with another router".
This is a fairly simple process and it seems that you have found a solution fitting toward what you were looking for. However, if I would've answered prior to your findings, then I would have gone down the same path that DJ-CHRIS went down.

For example, just having 2 gateway/routers on the same LAN that are branched off of each other wirelessly. Such as DJ-CHRIS's example, having a main wireless gateway/router where your internet connection comes in...then having a wireless bridge that associates itself to the main wireless gateway/router. Then have the bridge connected to the second gateway/router via wired. Or, the second gateway/router could just be in bridge mode.

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=26505

two years later, and I finally figured it all out.

The trick is, in actuality, to just download a cracked firmware for the WRT54G, and put it into client mode, just as I thought. It works almost flawlessly, giving a wireless connection.....albeit, wired to the entire LAN...

*note* your wifi is disabled in doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom