Router Problem =(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinner

Baseband Member
When I play a game called couter strike source, i freeze at the start of a round, i have asked people and they say it is my router which is causing the problem... saying i might have to forward a port?? well if anyone knows anything please say.
Thanks

How do you mean freeze? Your router shouldn't be the problem. What exactly happens?

well.... when a round finishes it just stops for maybe 5-20 seconds and then the game suddenly starts again... often when playing custom maps i will be dead when i come back so i have to wait another round before i can play again :(

Hmm. Does the computer freeze up, or just the game (if you know what I mean)? What are your computer specifications? It doesn't sound like a router problem to me.

its just the game, my m8 has exactly the same problem and he has the same router... doesnt happen to my other m8s

One thing I can think of is to try playing the game without the router. Just connect your computer directly to the Internet (assuming this is possible). See if that makes any difference.

Oh right. In that case it must indeed be the router. If you want to try forwarding ports, forward 27015 to 27025 to whatever computer is running the game. It may also be a good idea to set up a static IP address too so that the port forwarding rule is not lost due to the IP changing.

Go to your routers configuration panel. Usually this can be done by typring http://192.168.0.1 or similar in the address bar in your Internet browser. You might want to check the instructions for the router if you have any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom