Router port forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinscher

Fully Optimized
I have AT&T DSL and I have their newest router and I think it is causing problems with a couple of my programs and I don't know how to port forward on it. If you need more details, I can probably dig them up for you, I'm just too lazy now.

Sorry but you are going to have to post a model number of the device or something.

Is it a DSL modem > Router?
Or do you have a DSL Modem/Router all in one device?

Just give model numbers, sorry if this is asking too much :( I'm just too lazy to use my telepathy.

Haha, sorry. Well its a 2WIRE 2701HG-B. Its a modem/router. I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit if that helps at all either.
Thanks

Port Forwarding for the 2 Wire 2701HG-B

Just apply the above to the game or whatever it is that you are doing. This happens to be for BF2. Now, if your application/game doesn't exist....you will have to create a custom one. The instructions are shown there too for that.

also u might wanna set ur firewall for ur games (software firewall) to know which ports they use etc etc for ur safety, thats also on the port forwarding website

When I try to type in that address, it doesn't come up in firefox or ie. Suggestions?

That's the same page and that ip address doesn't work, how do I find out if the ip address for my router has changed?

If your IP address has changed then you need to find it out through a command prompt.

Start > Run > "cmd" (Enter) > Then type "ipconfig" or "ipconfig /all"

You are looking for the Gateway address. That is the address of your gateway :) (In home layman terms...thats the address of your "router")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom