Router loses signal on 802.11g

Status
Not open for further replies.

Himie

Solid State Member
Hello I'm having a problem that I've ignored for months but now I want to get it fixed so let me explain, sometimes while I'm downloading usually torrents my router will lose signal every 20-30 seconds for 20-30 seconds, all internet is gone during that time either by wireless or cable which can get really annoying the internet light goes off and the DSL one flashes slowly. After lurking around my router settings I found out this only happens when it broadcasts in 802.11b/g or 802.11g but never in 802.11b the only problem with this is that 802.11b is slow and my max down speed in b is just 100kps while in g its 200kps (I know this sounds stupid and shouldn't happen but it happens to me most of the time, only some rare times I get full speed on b).

My router is a 2Wire 2700HG-T provided by my ISP any help is appreciated.

I've seen this happen with other routers too specially with those from the same ISP and 2Wire... So I thought it would be more a settings problem since almost all routers I've seen from friends, family have it. Probably a manufacturing problem... but I've already changed the router 3 times different models and still the same problem can't think of something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom