Router log-in not loading correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
Well, I was gonna go look around in my router settings (can't remember what for exactly), but when I logged in, this is what I came up with:

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/4605/routerscreenieul6.jpg
(didn't know what was necessary to blur out, so I just blurred everything out to make sure xD).

Not sure how long it's been like this, but I first tried to log in (after a few weeks or so) a few days ago. Note: I have already tried it in FireFox and Opera, besides IE7, so its NOT IE doing something. I logged into it using my other PC (which is Running IE6 and Windows 2000), and it logs in fine, and everything shows up. The PC I'm on now (that's having the probs) is running XP Home, and used to log in to the router fine. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

If you follow these instructions, you'll be set:

1) Reset to factory defaults.
2) Run IE6 when logging into it for the first time...nothing else.
3) Update firmware

Then login via FF, IE7, OP.....whatever.

Ok, I'll have to try that on my Win2k machine. Thanks mikesgroovin, I'll try that later (somebody's using that PC atm xD). Do I just have to go to Linksys's website/dl a firmware update? Or is there an auto-update in the router settings?

Still didn't work =\.

Works on my Win2k machine still, but not on mine yet =\. Did like you said, too. Reset to factory default, logged in w/ IE6...updated firmware...logged in again with IE6. Came to this PC...and still nothing... Says its the latest firmware though.

Well, I tried it on a laptop that I have for school, and it works fine. Using IE7 on the laptop. Still doesn't work on my machine, though, in any browsers. So apparently it's something with my configuration.

Ok, I just shutdown ZoneAlarm, and that seems to be the problem. Anybody know how I can configure ZA to not block the stuff from my router? I tried allowing the 192.168.1.1 address/not blocking banner images (thinks they're ads). Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom