router limiting my connection, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomt697

In Runtime
I have D link dir 655. My connection is limited to 100 mbps, and it also states that the connection is limited. On another computer thats on the same network, the connection is at 1 gbps. Am not sure where or how to fix this. The computer is that is having this problem is hard wired and running on windows vista 64bit. Thanks for all the help.

the reason its 100mbps is maybe because of your LAN card maybe it only has the capacity to support upto 100mbps, and when your saying the connection is limited it seems that you cannot obtain an IP from the router, you can right click on network icon on lower right of your taskbar and click "diagnose and repair".

i tried the repair, and it says no errors found. And i had 1gbps before. Is there anything else i can try? Thanks

Check you have the latest drivers for your card.
List the make and model and i'll try dig em out ;)

Tkey

I don't think it's a driver problem, he said it was working before.

Check the cable you're using. If it's faulty (e.g. one of the gigabit wires is broken) that would cause you to get 'limited connectivity' and also force you down to 100Mbps. Also make sure your computer isn't configured manually with an ip address.

updated my driver, made sure computer is not manually configured w/ an ip adress, and used a new cat5e ethernet cable and still no go.

btw, i just checked my sisters internet status and hers is runnign on 1Gbps.

Any other suggestions?

okay, did you install any new programs right before you started having this problem? change any firewall settings? install any new updates? you get the drift...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom