Router issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

camhabib

Baseband Member
I'm really lost on this one (did a search and even called linksys so no flaming). I have a PC running Windows Server 2003 with a wireless connection to a wireless WRT54G Linksys router. I can't get my site to display on any other computers mainly because my server (or any of the other 8 pc's i have through that router) can't access any ports. I have been trying through www.canyouseeme.org to check various ports (80, 8080, ect. ect.) and all I get is connection timed out or connection refused. I called Linksys but they really didn't help much.

I have already created a static ip within Windows on the server since the router is set to dynamic. I set the port forwarding to the ip of the server. I can't think of anything else to try, I have almost changed every option on the entire router at one point or anything and nothing happens. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

-Cameron

ping various nodes to check network connectivity

server to router
server to client
client to router
client to server
client to client

tell us if any fails, if all pass then its prolly a routing issue

I sent a ping from client to client, server, ip, and router and sent a ping from server to router, client, ip and all came back ok. I know everything can talk to one another because they are all on the same network. I'm just having trouble with the outside world getting into the network.

-Cameron

It might be worth checking the port forwarding rules on your router.
If you just want the server to host web pages then try forwarding port 80 to the relevant IP address.
The other option is to set up a DMZ for the particular IP, which will allow external users to access the server. However, this isolates your server from the rest of the network.

Just a few ideas that might work... have a check with your router to see if there are any FAQs, instructions, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom