Router Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

trekkie00

In Runtime
I own a Linksys Wireless-G router (model WRT54G). I would like to set up my computer for online gaming through GameSpy. The computer is connected to the second ethernet port. We have cable internet.

I cannot figure out how to remove the firewall access to my computer. I would like to use the "DMZ" (sorry, but I am not sure what it means) menu, but it requires my computer's IP address. How would I go about finding this? It only allows a "192.168.1. X" address in the slot (the X is blank). Is there an option in another part of the router menu to assign a similar address to my computer? Or is there another way that I am overlooking?

Thanks for all your help. I'm horribly inexperienced with routers and networking.

How do I find out my computer's IP address? I have tried the web sites, and the numbers they produce will not fit in the slot. Or, how do I assign it one?

start>>run>>cmd

type ipconfig

That will tell you your local address.

I havent worked with a linksys in a while, but you want to look for a tab that is most likely in the advanced section that has something to do with assigning a static address to a specific PC. Try reading the manual that came with it and see if it gives you a rundown on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom