Router Disconnects

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDGreen92086

In Runtime
I have a Netgear WGR614 V7 router. Channel 01, in 802.11 G & B mode. WPA2-PSK [AES] security. I have the MAC addresses of all devices entered in the MAC Access List.

Once my laptop connects to the wireless network it work perfectly. Here is an example of my problem. I'm on the laptop right now and it works fine. I turn off the laptop and store it until tomorrow. I then start the laptop and wait for network connection. I find my SSID and try connecting. It will then say it was unable to connect. When I go into router setup via 192.168.1.1, I have to Apply my settings for my router without changing anything, then my laptop can connect.

I have to do this once every day or two. Sometimes it works that way, other times I must turn off the router for a moment before it will connect. It's a big hassle when my wife wants to use the laptop. I have to drop what I'm doing to get the laptop to work.

Any suggestions?

Do you have anything else you can connect via wireless when the laptop won't connect? Like a smart phone or something? This way we can see if the laptop is having a problem (phone connects) or the router is having a problem (phone can't connect either).

Firmware updates?

My printer and my laptop have the same issue. Happens at the same time often. They have different IP Addresses and their MAC address are entered into the MAC Access List. Even before I set up these two options(IP Addresses and MAC Access List) my laptop was still having the same problem and I didn't even own a printer then.

Yes firmware is up to date. Version: V2.0.30_2.0.30NA

Thanks for replying!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom