Router disconnecting randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

murdocsvan

Web Programmer
for some reason my BT Voyager 2100 wireless router frequently disconnects from the internet. basically, all adapters in the house can connect to the router, its just the router disconnects itself from the internet. the only way to fix it is to go onto the firmware page in the browser and tell it to connect. this is INCREDIBLY irritating when playing BF2142 and your on a kill streak.

weve found that it does it at any time of the day, whether under load or not, even if no one is using the internet. ive felt the router and its pretty warm even on the outside. any ideas what the problem is?

also another quick question: if i need to get a new router, i need an ADSL router. if the router i get says it supports just DSL, does it also support ADSL?

you should try updating the firmware on your router first. if that doesn't work then just buy a new. ADSL is the standard DSL that most people get, yes its compatible.

yes maybe its the firmware. i updated it once from retail already, and it wasnt timing out before then. i just checked the website and there's a new firmware out today lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom