router DEFAULT GATWAT HAS GONE

jsmith899

Beta member
I changed the default GATWAT on my netgear DG834G

Now it's gone I don't have one, can so keen help me with any suggestion to fix this and try and sort it please.

Thankyou

3023lhd.jpg

Looks like you need to verify that this isn't a static field you entered on your network adapter. As OP said, if you are using DHCP the default gateway is handed out by the DHCP Server (router) handling DHCP requests.

Your IP is 169.254.xxx.xxx

That usually happens when your laptop's network adapter can't find a DHCP server to get an address from. Your laptop is giving itself a IP address, hence why you have one in the first place.

Most of the time restarting the router solves the issue, and sometimes after you also have to restart your computer.

And why is your pic upside-down?

Your IP is 169.254.xxx.xxx

That usually happens when your laptop's network adapter can't find a DHCP server to get an address from. Your laptop is giving itself a IP address, hence why you have one in the first place.

Most of the time restarting the router solves the issue, and sometimes after you also have to restart your computer.

And why is your pic upside-down?

good eye

Make sure TCP/IP 4 settings are set to "auto". Usually this happens when somebody is playing around where they shouldn't be and leave these blank.

I also forgot to say that because your laptop is giving the IP address, that's the reason why you have no default gateway.

Back
Top Bottom