router cuts out on me

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
ive got 108 MBPS WIRELESS FIREWALL ROUTER and its downstairs and im upstairs i can get signal actually my signals very good but sometimes(few times a week) i need to reset the router because it just cuts out upstairs

What kind of wireless adaptor are you using on the PC upstairs, and have you made sure that the PC isn't shutting it down after periods of inactivity?

Have you also tried to 'repair' the connection before rebooting the router? What about trying
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

do you download a lot? sometimes when lots of traffic goes through my router I'm forced to reset it otherwise it wont work again. Could just be a rubbish wireless adaptor or router. Also possible that you have a thick floor so signal disconnects.

Its called low-bandwidth, try being directly above the router, or play around with the antenna........................

Also if your phone is the 2.4 ghz type and someone is using it the signal can screw with the wireless signal.(Just a thought because we have been getting a lot of this at work lately.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom