Router cuts off internet randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

turboxchaz

In Runtime
So I'm playing games having fun yada yada when my internet cuts off and I get server disconnected (So far it's been interrupting my gameplay 2 times in one day)

What are the reasons for this?
Virus?
Physical interruption (like someone or something is outside of my home)
Provider is a ******?

What ISP are you with and is it a continually-on internet connection or do you use a modem to connect to the net?

I'm assuming you have a continually-on connection

First thing I advise doing is unplugging everything that's connected to your router, including the phone line, etc. Leave it for a few seconds, plug them all back in and see if that improves anything.

If not then it's either your ISP playing up or your router going down the pan.

It's funny that your internet connection would just suddenly fail.
The next time it does that, try opening the command terminal and pinging google. I want to verify that your connection is going down, and not just the online gaming connection.

Ah, I hadn't considered that. In retrospect I have to agree with you Soul, it could just be the gaming connection, god knows it's happened to me enough times over the years and my internet has been fine.

Gaming connection?
Well, you know the green lights? I lose internet and router kinda restarts and the router starts flashing again.
It can't be just the gaming connection. I play iTunes and listen to streaming radio and it stops streaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom