Router Cant Connect to the Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

DummyTron

In Runtime
I bought this Linksys Router about 2 says ago,

I replaced it becaue the TEch told me it might be the problem but it sill has the same error message saying that the router could not connect to the internet. We tried the junk were we put in the IP adress in Run from Start Menu and in the adress bar as well as the Network Connection TCP/IP menu were you insert the IP adress thier and nothing works! WHAT IS WRONG.!?!??!!?!? THIS WAS SUPPOSE TO BE SIMPLE AS PIE, but instead it sucks.

Can you connect to the internet without the router? (Modem directly connected to the computer)

Yes I can, The internet works properly without the router, but when i plug th internet into my router...the router cant connect to the internet.

Things to try:

Jack everything in, so you are setup as it said in the manual that came with your router.

Open a command prompt.
Type ipconfig /all. Post the results here.
Type tracert www.hotmail.com. Post the results here.

You can also try plugging your router in to your modem, power cycling the modem. Try to connect. If fails, try power cycling the router. If fails, try power cycling the PC. Once you've done that repeat the commands above and post here.

Make sure everything is plugged in to the sockets as described in the manual. I know it sounds silly, but have you read the manual/quick guide to getting your router up and ticking ?

um yea, sounds funny make sure you have the check on to obtain the ip automatically, the rest it should do by itself.

Could also be an IP conflict between the router/modem.

I don't know what type of connection or modem you have, but with my D-link, I had to change the web interface IP of the router because it was the same (192.168.0.1) of my dsl modem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom