router blocks port 80.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Corect,

To get access to the router with out sysAdmin to see you,
You should get his position.

hah

this is a funny thread... I have heard that there is a way around this. Apparently you can or at least could email a site a little code and will or used to email you back the html coed for the site, and there is another way to get graphics as well. it would take along time to view stuff that way, but if you are desperate. Anyhow I never tried it and don't know its validity, but I read about it sometime ago in a book called "steal this Computer book". That is the title or that is very close to the title of the book. Have fun, btw have you tried surfing through outlook? I am not sure what port that uses, but probably the default ones.

hmmm... so what about what the other guy said bout using a proxy? what is a proxy anyways?

hbhakta, next time you post, post the entire problem. Its very difficult to help you when you only give bits and pieces of the problem. There are many ways to fix this problem, also there are many ways around this problem. However, the situation in which you have so elaborately described prohibits either of these (I think). Either way these "higher ranking" people are very tech savoy and would be able to detect that the port(s) have been opened. But i've alwasy wanted to do this and never found a situation where it applied. Here is you only hope, im not going to tell you how to do it (frankly cause ive never done it before) but I will tell you what it is so you can google it. You ready?? Port Knocking.

hbhakta said:
hmmm... so what about what the other guy said bout using a proxy? what is a proxy anyways?

Proxy server can be remote or local.
We can call the Internet Browser Local Cache - "Proxy" as well....
You set it up in your borwser, and lat say you want to see www.yahoo.com. the Connection going:
YouPC->YourISP->TheProxyServer->Yahoooo
and back
Officially there will be Record in Yahoo that ProxyServer is requesting pages - not your IP,
but there are ways to find your IP.
Then the ProxyServer save your pages in a cache,
next time you want to visit yahoooo.com the proxy is giving it to you from the cache.
This is saving time the browser to travel up to yahoo.com
which will give you quick access.

There are many Free Public Proxy Server on internet, which you can use...

Some people ues the Proxy Servers to Spoof them IP.
But is not this the way, and can be traced...................

You can do it form any open folder as well.....

But any time is using port 80 by default............

so this port knocking thing.... i googled it, and im not quite sure i understand exactly what it can do for me. it can transfer data on a network through closed ports or something. but what about from the internet. and does anybody know how to set it up?

There is no win situation to transfer data through blocked port.
The Port is the mouth of each prtocol (language)
(hah the mouth, to not say other things)
You can spec. other port number but can't be done without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom