Router access

Me? No, just past experiences with many ISP provided modem/router combos. The last combos I used worked just fine. (As long as I was the only one with the ID and password)

Well AT&T Uverse is good about that as is our Comcast system here. But when things were getting started that didn't always happen.

Thanks, unfortunately he changed the password when we got this router a few months ago & can't remember it. Any way to get around this or do I need to call Verizon to have them reset it?

There are two things you can do:

1) Hard reset the router and set it up all over again.

2) Call Verizon and ask them to reset it or ask them to give it to you(they will probably just reset it).

My grandparents used to have one of those routers. I never liked it. It was slow. Pretty slow. But if you don't use many devices with it you should be fine. :)

I haven't had any experience with Verizon FIOS, but if they run FTTH, then it should be fairly simple to reset the router and just setup the SSID and Encryption Key again. Comcast, TWC, U-Verse, WOW, and a couple of local mom/pop ISPs all auto config the modems around me. Just AT&T DSL that doesn't. Hopefully the OP printed some instructions before doing this... I haven't seen him post again.

Off-topic -- Verizon suck... our juniper router had an issue, and Verizon didnt do crap all to fix it - they said they couldnt talk to the box and when it can they will run tests and send someone out if needed..
Then we got it up running by a power cycle, so they said they are closing the ticket as its fixed and as we done a power cycle it deletes the logs which would of shown the fault so they cant help us...

Back
Top Bottom