which router

Status
Not open for further replies.

aj2003

Daemon Poster
Im sick of my WAG54* its just not doing what its told so Im after a new wireless ADSL router but i dont know which to go for, a mate said the netgear DG834GT was good but I cant find any reviews.

thanks for any advice.

How much are you looking at spending? If you want to get something that's really better and not just faster you will need to spend a pretty penny

well its not the speed Im after its the reliablity. At the min the router looses the connection but think it still is connected. The wireless signal is terrible. I want something that is good quailty but not a stupid price.

PZEROFGH said:
i like my WRT54GS its excellente

The newer 54 meg linksys routers are the ones I have the greatest connections to, and amaze me when in class and pick up a wifi station from 300+ meters away.

well ive bought the netgear one now. My last linksys one was a 54meg one and it was terrible, I wont be buying another one from them. Thanks for advice anyhow

hmm, i just set up a network with a netgear - it did the job fine but didn't give me enough to play with. I've gone off my linksys and actually quite like my BTVoyager - after a few firmware updates it doesnt crash all the time anymore. I'm sure you'll be happy with the netgear anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom