Router

Let_me_think

Beta member
I have a dlink router and I have a 18 preshared key, security type WPA2-personal, Encryption type AES, when I go to Manage wireless networks

then go to wireless Network Properties I only see 8 key but if I check the show characters box in wireless Network Properties I see all 18 keys and when I login to my router.

And by the way my password is different from my preshared key for login in to my router, I have one password for logging into my router and one preshared key for Wi-Fi but when I go to setup, wireless settings, scroll down to preshared key on my router page I only see 17 key can I get some help please?

Last edited:
Re: ROUTER

Your wireless passphrase should not be the same password as the login for the router. If your having issues with a long passphrase, try using an 8 key passphrase and change the router login to a different 8 key password. Be sure to write the keys to the wireless network and the router login password on something you can keep for future reference

Re: ROUTER

So, you're saying there are only 8 asterisks without having "show password" checked.
That's intended. The reason it does that is so anyone watching won't know how many characters the password really is.

Back
Top Bottom