Router ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolbrze

In Runtime
We have a problem w/ the kids staying up 1/2 the night playing on their computers. We have a Verizon ActionTec router (wireless & cat5). Is there a way I can adjust the settings so it won't work from midnight say until 6 a.m. or so or do I need to buy software to do this? Thanks in advance.

I'm not familiar with that particular router but if you go to the graphical interface of the router you may be able to poke around and find what you are looking for

You could cut off the power to the router with one of those timers. Downside is that you won't have internet yourself either.

The other downside is if you have any special settings on the router it will be reset and you have to go through the process of setting it up again

I'm not familiar with that particular router but if you go to the graphical interface of the router you may be able to poke around and find what you are looking for

How do I find the graphical interface? Thanks!

what you have to do is when you graphically open your router by typing your default gateway Ip address in your browser. it is something like 192.168.x.x (x= any no. between 1 to 255)

you will prompt for username and password.

Some of the hardware providers will give default user name and password on the router it self or just check your manual if u dont know your password.

Now when u opne your router you must look for something like connetion timing or schedule. where you can select start time and end time and days too. just navigate through your router's page.

If you have any further queries plase feel free to contact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom