router.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenyora

Daemon Poster
hi there..will for the past 2 days iv been trying to use my router but for some resone iam not able to connect ...
i called tech support (dlink)no good..worst service ever..and on top of that have no idea what to do .....
i have no idea what the prob is..but i think this have something to do with it
http://support.dlink.ca/ProductFAQView.asp?FAQID=1006
in step four under the wan heading my ip 0s and they stay that way eveb after i click renew..it stays 0s...when i told that to the tech dude he told me to clean my cookies and delet my history..that when i hang up the phone....lol...anyway...any idea how to fix this....
thanks

hm that look totaly diferent from my Dlink. tho i dont have wireless.

have u tried with cabel to router or just wireless?
A friend said he had to configure it for the first time with cabel (not dlinkrouter so it cud be diferent)

are u able to connect to the dlink?

(just editing some bad miss spells)

You need to provide us with more info.

What TYPE of internet service is it? (cable, DSL)
Who is the service provider?
Do you have a Static IP address with the package you have, or is it Dynamically Assigned?

will its roadrunner(cable) and its a dynamic ip..i had a static ip before could that have anything to do with it

yes that could have a lot to do with. The router is probably still trying to use the static settings.

Are you able to connect to the router itself?

will iam able to connect to the router , i can see my routers ip, but it seems like the wont get an ip from the modem or something...please iv been trying to solve this issue for sometime,any ideas

Login to the router and change the setting to use a Dynamic IP Address.

To do this (or in at least mine):

- Go to 192.168.1.1 in your browser and login. Normally the Password is 'admin' and the user name is 'admin' as well, both without the quotes
- Select WAN on the left hand side of the screen.
- Select "Dynamic IP Address"
- and press "Apply"

That should do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom