Roaming Profiles? Active directory...

Status
Not open for further replies.

delsol_ca

Solid State Member
Someone please help me..
i've been sitting here all night trying to get roaming profiles to work from a win 2003 server... still having problems...
don't know exactly how to do it..
can someone give me a step by step guuide please?

thanks

easy to explain but......i hate to use 'em... lol
first you want to create a new profile on the local computer....any computer on the domain. create that user and then login as that user. after you login as that user....change the profile the way you want it to look....desktop...applications....etc.
Then you have to create a folder on the server that you want to keep the profile on. create a share folder called RProfile or something and then create a sub-folder in the RProfiles folder for each user. then, log into the local computer as admin and got your system properties > advanced and then goto user profiles. highlight the username of the profile and click "copy to" at the bottom. and put the path of the folder you created on your DC for this user.
Then (still logged in as admin) on the local computer, go into the user's profile and change the path in which to find the profile.....hmmm hang on....let me do this on my laptop real quick....ok....check out the picture below. just add the location of the profile on the DC. thats it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom