Roaming Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceLion

Solid State Member
OK, I know how to do a roaming profile, already have the server prepped and have created a profile. I can see all of the related files and settings for the profile on the server. The folder is shared and full access is given. I can see the profile on another machine as roaming. Here is the problem. When I log into any other computer with the profile, I get the "cannot propogate to the server path" error message, and then the profile becomes permanently temporary.

I tried to rename the .DAT to .usr and .man, neither is working. I really don't know what more to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

This was a PEBCAK (Problem Exists Between Chair and Keyboard) error. I was using the direct path to the drive rather than making a server reference, i.e. E:\<foldername>\<profilename> instead of \\server\... etc. OOPS!

I do however, have another question. The roaming profile works just fine on all of the computers located in our main branch. They will not load however in our outside branches. I did not set this server up and it has limited IIS support, and from what i can tell, limited RAS and Terminal Services. I tried to install the additional components and the server really didn't like it. I kept getting errors regarding files that the installer needed from the SP4 disc (which I have). The upgrade eventually just outright failed. I'm getting ready to upgrade to server 2003 and add a SQL/Fileserver to the network. Any suggestions as to how I can backup the clients so that the endusers don't lose emails and other important data? We don't have an exchange server and our web-based email is VERY limited in space. Would love any suggestions so i don't have to go from machine to machine backing everything up on the network and then burning off onto CD.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom