roadrunner

Status
Not open for further replies.

taintedplay

lolwut?
Hey guys i have a question
Im currently on sbc yahoo, and it isnt very good imo. So ive been looking at alternatives and time warner bought comcast here. So i only have roadrunner, but i dont know its quality. Anyone here had any good/bad/indifferent experiance? Thanks so much, Taintedplay

Embarq man, I love this Internet. All that cable stuff makes me want to vomit. If you have the chance, Embarq man, I have never seen an ISP care about someone so much and have any problems fixed, literally the next day, from 45 miles away!

Well I have 5 megabit, but I pay for it, a lot. With all the features and everything, $72/month.

But you never heard of Embarq, it's quite popular. You probably aren't American then?

dallas texas, but ive always had dsl (im 15, so i just went with it) until now, and am wanting higher than the max 300-350 kbs dl from sbc. Ill check up on embarq though

Heh, well at least you don't have satellite, for say, a good 2 years I had 1.2 second lag (that's 1200ms latency), along with a crappy unchangeable router, no port forwarding, no video games over Internet (with that kind of lag), hard to type on an SSH/Telnet terminal. It just wasn't good. Oh and, a maximum of 120 kilobytes per second.

Satellite Internet, especially through DirecPC is worthless. I say that right now.

that sucks. But thanks so much for helping me, Embarq sounds great, and if i can convince my dad, ill try it out.

well i jsut checked, and embarq doesent do service here in dallas. Which sucks. Does anyone have any reviews between roadrunner better/worse then sbc? Or FIOS?

it's the only one I've ever had. It's pretty good for me though. I pay like 50-60 a month (don't remember the exact price). My connection is super fast. My mom has DSL in Houston and my speed blows hers away. Roadrunner's customer service isn't the greatest though but I've only called them once or twice over the past 5 years or so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom