rj45 jack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too hard. If you can get under your floors/in the walls that is, we moved into a single-story house last year with an unfinished basement. I helped my dad wire up and eventually finish the basement. To put in RJ-45 lines you just need boxes, wall plates, and Cat-5e cable (or Cat-6).

The easiest way if you have a basement is to just go underneath where the wall is, drill a hole, cut a hole in the wall for the box, use a sturdy metal wire to fish the cat-5e up, then use wire staples to hold the cat-5e to the framework in the basement. Going through multi-story walls that are finished, on the other hand, will be hard, if not impossible, though on the second story you can use the attic instead of the basement if you have one, taking your cables up instead of down. If it's a new wall (such as finishing the basement), installation is easy, since the wall isn't there yet you can simply wire it in as you build the wall.

this may also come in handy to terminate the individual wires into the female end
RJ45Punchtool.jpg

There are ones that dont require tools, but I find that these can sometimes be more of a pain to terminate. It's up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom