RJ-45 Telephone Wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake91839

In Runtime
I'm running four lines into a house through a CAT-5 Cable. If a telephone were to handle four lines, what would the pin-out specs be so that the phone would be able to use all four lines?

I already have the line in working, but I just need to know what order the conductors need to be pinned.

Thanks

~Snake~

Just look at a regular phone cable and recognize the pattern. Then use four of the eight wires and match the colors to the ones of the phone line.

Each phone line uses two wires. So a CAT-5 cable can carry four lines. I need to know what order those wires go in so that a four line phone will recognize and be able to use all four lines. We don't have one of those phones yet, and looking at a regular RJ-11 phone will do no good.

haha, yeah, I'm stumped :)

confusing I know, If that didn't make sense to you, let me know and I'll explain more in depth.

Thanks

~Snake~

What you want will not work. Can not use a Ethernet cable as a phone line. There is a way to get a system for multiple lines but what you are trying to accomplish will not work.

Glad to see i was wrong. Interesting. Will have to read it if i ever get a land line again.

He was saying that the way I wanted to run multiple lines wouldn't work. It had nothing to do with just running one line at a time. I'm trying to run four to every jack. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom