RIS help, creating images

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech2540

Solid State Member
Hello , I am a new network admin and I am trying to use RIS to create images for a computer. I have built the computer that I want to clone with all necessary software.
I want to know what arey ou the step to step instruction to use RIS. Do i run sysprep, or new sid after the completion of the images? I dont want to images computers and for them to have the same SID. Do I have to do any changes in the Active directory? do i have to create an answer file? can someone give me some information on how to I go about creating an images and what steps i need to take to have my network secure and stable.

I will also like to know if i have to do anything to the RIS server on active directory, do I have prestage some computer name even though I dont want the computer added to the domain,but i want to add them myself.

I am having a problem that i created an image and when i try to load it on the same machine i continue receiving an error in regards to that their is a duplicate GUID in directory service. I have checked active directory and their is no duplicate because i had deleted it. what can be the cause of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom