Reverse email look-ups

Status
Not open for further replies.

=OS=SPIRO=

Solid State Member
Hi,

I hope this is the place to leave this kind of post, but I was wondering what the best route to take in searching for an anonymous person that sent an anonymous email to me. It wasn't malicious, but i am curious as to see who the owner of the email address is. The only info I have is the actual email address. I did a general ip trace in the email address, and it only comes up that the ip gets traced alll the way to the city i live in, which is no help, cause due to the nature of the email, I already knew that.

is there any way to find out who owns the email in question? It is a gmail address. I am looking for info leading me to names.

Example@gmail.com

any help would be helpful

Thanks,

Spiro

Not that I know of. Someone could've gone to a public library, created a new email address from there and sent it. Really it could have been anyone
The only way you could find out is by finding out exactly where the email was sent from, looking at the time stamp, then reviewing security footage of the area from that time :p like I said, not very doable.

I agree this cannot done be done easily....at best a general area, but even at that again this could have been done from a public place. If you look at the E-Mail headers you should be able to see the IP address of where it came from and run a whois against it to at least determine the ISP...but even at that someone could have been spoofing an IP address :) I am sure the NSA could track it down in a couple days for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom