Restricting Internet access with two firewalls in Hotel set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kev333d

Beta member
I am setting up WWW access in a hotel/office scenario, the two (hotel rooms and office space) need to be securely separated. I have thought that just adding two firewalls and adding the rest of the network components for each segment on the other side of its respective firewall. Will this actually solve my problem>? I am wonering if all I need to do is enter in the IP of the main WWW connection in each firewall.
Any help would greatly be appreciated.
Thank You.

How i would do it:

Code:
                        internet
                            |
                            |
                            |
                          Router
                          |    |
                          |    |
                    Router   Router
                     /  \    /   \
                   Office    Rooms

This way you can place both the office and hotel rooms on completely different networks although they can still share the same internet connection. The router can also act as a firewall if that is what you want. I think this is pretty much what you described anyway. Just ensure that office and rooms are different networks, e.g one is 192.168.0.0 and the other being 192.168.1.0. By enabling a firewalls on the routers you can block access from one network to the other.

You might also want to consider providing wireless access. I assume most people would be using a laptop in the rooms so most are likely to have a wireless NIC.

Thanks I think that pretty much assured what I was thinking, not so mush a full blown firewall but a router for each network. I realy appreciate your help, better than using expertexchange. faster responce gracias.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom