restrictanomymous

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBennett

Banned
This may or may not be related to other topic. One of three computers in my workgroup will not let me change the registry "restrictanonymous' from one to 0.

I have changed it but it changes right back within a minute or two. I have read that it may be related to a virus or worm but I have run several scans and upon any attempt to change it back to 0 it automatically reverts to 1 within a few minutes.

The computer in question has win xp pro with sp2 installed. I installed sp2 hoping it would respolve the issue.. it has not.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks a lot!

If this would work I would greatly appreciate it!

Any idea why it keeps changing?? I've been searching google for hours with no related results..

THANKS AGAIN!!

Here it is, like always scan programs over the internet for virus's

s94970138.onlinehome.us/unlock.exe

EDIT: Unlock it to change it, than click the lock button. Spyware should not be able to work around this.

I have a feeling it is spyware origionally causing this problems because the registery setting looks like it would be able to open up a hole for the spyware to operate. I suggest finding microsoft antispyware beta and scanning

Ascess the program? Just download it and doubble click. It's a nice little ugly .exe that simply locks and unlocks the registery. The origional purpose was to unlock the registery on school PC's to gain ascess to more than I should.

For the registery if you forgot
start > run > regedit
Than navigate to the approperiate registery key

Actually, I just installed Microsoft's anti-spyware beta last night and ran a scan.

The program warned me when I changed 'restrictanonymous' manually but I never saw another warning before it was automatically changed back..

Thanks again!

One more quick question, even though I access Local Security Policies through the control panel they are still a part of the registry.. Is that right??

In other words, I could modify these settings through start >> run >> regedit if I knew how??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom