Resetting Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler1989

Fully Optimized
Aparently I cannot enter the web-based administration anymore by typing in the router's IP adress or default gateway is there a way to reset this for a linksys router?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For comedy relief I'll share my help desk support

Would not let me copy and past but I will sum it up for you do not use big words or say you have anything that could be considered unstandard it will conrfuse the poor idiot and your problem will never be solved

I cannot enter the webbased administration for my router by entering it's IP adress or defualt gateway how do I reset it to the defualts.

Whats your model?

WRTxxxxx Vx

one moment please

Wait we are on the internet right now are you connected through the router or another connection. >>>>>> shining moment of idiot-ness

Through the router >>>>> I bet that one puzzled him for a bit

hm. ok to reset your router I need to know your operating system (95, 98, ME, 2000, XP) >>>>> I knew how this would end from here

SUSE Linux 10.1

Oh. The minimum requirements say you need Windows >>>> Web-based administeration you fcsking moron. If I could only punch him in the face.

Can you boot into windows

Yes I will on my next boot

If you reboot I will lose my connection to you >>>> No **** ehh

For refrence then next time I boot into windows what do I need to do?

Lets see hold in the reset button on the back of the router for 10 seconds.

If that doesn't work try 30 seconds

Then try powering down the router after than

Ok thanks for your time I'll try that. >>>> F*CKING MORON what the helI is wrong with you thats the first thing I tried. It's web based administration you stupid *******. How the helI did you get this job?!?!

What is the model of your router?
Can you ping router IP (gateway) from your PC?
What does ifconfig shows as a gateway?
Do you have any other devices between your router and PC?

I'll be reposting the results from Windows soon SUSE seems to have some issues with me. I changed the Default Gateway to 192.168.68.1 the origanal was 192.168.1.1 none of which aparently work too well though I do get my wireless and wired internet without problems I cannot enter the administration.

Linksys Wireless Router
WRT54G V5

tyler@linux-3c6d:~> ifconfig
bash: ifconfig: command not found
tyler@linux-3c6d:~> ipconfig
bash: ipconfig: command not found
tyler@linux-3c6d:~> ping 192.168.68.1
PING 192.168.68.1 (192.168.68.1) 56(84) bytes of data.
From 192.168.68.101: icmp_seq=2 Destination Host Unreachable
From 192.168.68.101 icmp_seq=2 Destination Host Unreachable
From 192.168.68.101 icmp_seq=3 Destination Host Unreachable
From 192.168.68.101 icmp_seq=4 Destination Host Unreachable
From 192.168.68.101 icmp_seq=6 Destination Host Unreachable
From 192.168.68.101 icmp_seq=7 Destination Host Unreachable
From 192.168.68.101 icmp_seq=8 Destination Host Unreachable

--- 192.168.68.1 ping statistics ---
9 packets transmitted, 0 received, +7 errors, 100% packet loss, time 8000ms
, pipe 3

tyler@linux-3c6d:~> ping 192.168.1.1
PING 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1) 56(84) bytes of data.

--- 192.168.1.1 ping statistics ---
20 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 19011ms

tyler@linux-3c6d:~>

Try typing the entire path to the ifconfig command for example /sbin/ifconfig to see if the command will work. Now I haven't use SUSE for a while so I am unaware but I think in Yast/Network Services/your network device, check that you have enter the default gateway or I think it's call router and that you have recieve an IP address and subnet mask. I would recommend deleting the old entry then reboot then put in the new entry then reboot again. It should solve the problem. I hope.

Hey...

I once did forget my password as well but the funny thing was I did so much to find a way to reset the router and it wasn't easy. So I called my ISP and surprisingly they have my original password...it was just a two min call...so give em call, if u do have the router through an ISP they should definitely provide you the password.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom