Resetting my router

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefragMyHead

In Runtime
it seems like I have to physically reset my router at least once a week. I mean, one day--BOOM--I try getting online and I can't access the internet until I hit the reset button on my router. It happens about once a week, maybe more--not too sure. But it is annoying me and I'm wondering why the hell I'm having to do this!!:angry:

It's probably unstable firmware. Go to the manufacturers website and download the newest stable firmware and install it.

That is happening a lot to me too. It hasn't happened in the past week but before it was every other day.

The net wouldn't connect so I would have to go turn off the Modem and unplug the routers power. Then after 5 minutes plug it all back in.

I got Linskeys. It's not wireless. If I download the newest firmware will it help everyones computers or just mine?

Thats exactly what I have, it disconnects me every 24 hours or so. It's pissing me off. Be sure to post back with solution. Thanks.

I have a Linksys too, it crashes sometimes on me when i have a torrent running. (It doesn't like being connected to too many people) I just unplug the router. Are you guys sure you aren't just being picked on by port-scan freaks? :p

A port scan shouldn't crash the router. You should try a firmware upgrade if you can. Remember to back up the old firmware in case it makes it worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom