Reseting router too often

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesspren6

In Runtime
I have been having problems with my router. It is wired hooked up to a desktop right next to it, and I have a wireless desktop in the basement too. Then when I go use the internet or while I go to a different web page, once and a while the internet will just quit working. So I go upstairs and uplug the router and plug it in. Then after its set again, it works. I have had to do that about 4 times throughout the week. Does downloading frequently affect this, is there dust in there affecting the router, or is it just crap.

Its just life :)

You can reset without even getting up. Simply login to your routers CP (usually 192.168.0.1) and hit reboot (or disconnect & connect)

:)

Simple answer?

No, if your router is far away from your ADSL filter and you have a 20M + cable it can sometimes cause line drops.

Also your ISP could be experiencing problems in your area.

That's not the case. I have the same ISP as the OP, and the same connection type (we're also just across town from each other), and I don't have to reset as much as him.

All router's are not equal. It could be many things.... the router could be overheating, it could be locking up, bug in the firmware.... What kind of router are you using, and have you looked to see if there is updated firmware? What kind of traffic are you putting through the router, just web page type traffic, or lots of downloads/torrents/P2P sharing? I have seen some routers just lock up when you try to open too many connections through them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom