Remote user connection issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faredo

Beta member
I have a remote user on XP with a roaming profile using a SOHO to connect to the domain.
The user used to use ( and is now using again while PC is down ) a VPN connection but ended up ditching due to virus issues.

Here is the issue. She logged on one morning and got a “profile out of sink error”. This happens every now and again so I just delete the profile and let the user relog. This will re import the profile from a shared drive and get the user running again. THIS time the user got an error saying “user profile could not be imported from drive X” and logs user off or creates a temp profile.

I can still remote into users PC so I check the share drives and they are still in her “my computer” . BUT when you try to open them it sits about 50 seconds and gives unable to connect error.
If you go to my network places all you will see is her PC on the network.
Security says the user has all access
Im able to find the drives in a search and map them but still unable to get in
I can ping her and ping from her to me
I can ping the server

Check your DNS server and the event viewer, since you are using "My Network Place" I am assuming you are still using NetBIOS and not really the DNS server for your local IP to name resolution so you can also try flushing the cache on her computer by right clicking on the network connection and doing a repair or doing it manually from command prompt.

nbtstat -R and netsh interface ip delete arpcache

the error is
" S: \ drive is not accessible.

The specified network name is no longer available"

The server is fine, we have a hand full of remote users still online. and run many local PC's off the same server.

I tried flushing cache aswell with no results.

User will also get a working offline notice that can be resynced. this comes and goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom