Remote user cannot login remotely

Status
Not open for further replies.

sltech43

Beta member
Greetings

I am trying to access a remote workstation using a number of user accounts with administrative and remote user rights but to no avail.
I recieve the message "the local policy of this system does not permit you to logon interactively".
I am using a windows 2003 server as domain controller and xp sp2 as the client.
I grow weary trying to fathom where this policy is controlled from.
as i have added accounts and such everywhere except the right place.. HELP

A very grateful user :eek:

just checking, but you did add the administrators group into the remote users group right?

Also, run the "Resultant set of policy" mmc on that machine and see what it returns. It's possible it's doing it from a local policy.

Good luck

Umm Nope... But will do.. Ahh yes Its because i do not want the user to have full rights..
Any other thoughts..

This is due to to the local machine policy. Used to come across this all the time. Nesting the remote users group into a local group is along the right track.

You could also create a GPO specific to the remote user's group and in there there is a allow local logon option...I'm pretty sure that should solve it. I was always a little lazy/naughty and would just nest the remote users group in to one of the local users groups....didnt matter in that environment, but in a live one it is a big security issue to do so - so kudos to you for not.

But yeah, check policies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom