Remote Shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
I have my main computer in the office and I just got this secondary computer setup in my room today. I want to be able to remotely shut down my other PC while being able to select a specific user (the one I'm currently on) To lessen the chances of malicios entering of my main system. I want to be able to have full control, shut it down, and not have to worry about the other 'user' selecting OK! to any connection requests. Anyone have any good suggestions for a program that can do this? Thanks :D

edit: for remote shutdown only check this out http://www.btinternet.com/~GreatMikey/website/remsdn.htm

these two pcs are not on the same network? If so, you're going to have to use your office's inet connection. Also, I'm not to sure about what you're trying to say about other users. You don't want them to be able to remotely control the pc like you will be doing? Or you want to lock everyone else out even if they're at the console?

i suggest create a vpn, easy with xp, and run TightVNC. You may have problems getting connected through your company's inet connection though.

I have a program cld shutdown it works good I will put a link up when I get home it is just a exe

Dameware utiliities

Yeah I've tried dameware. I don't think it helps that I don't fully understand it. What I meant by 'users' is the only user is me, and I want it to only accept me, meaning if someone else tried using the program anywhere in the US they can't sign in. It's not a major 'company network' it's a home network, but it's that we run our own business out of our house. My room is just beyond a wall of the office lol.

All the computers has 198.168.1 as the first parts of the IP the last number designates which comp it is. I was unable to use dameware and type in the 192.168 blah blah and type in the user name and password for this comp. My NIC does NOT support wake on lan so that's not an option, but I'd rather just have it shut down. Thanks for the replies guys :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom