Remote Desktop - Missing options - VISTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

throthedice

Solid State Member
I tried to follow a guide to enable windows remote desktop however their system properties screen is as such:

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/6/10/1162221/System properties - correct.jpg

However, all my screen has is:

System%20properties.jpg

Any ideas?

Do you have home basic or home premium? Remote desktop is not available within the home editions, a person using business, ultimate, and enterprise editions can connect in but someone using home editions will not be able to use RD - which is why I believe you have limited options there.

If that isn't the case are you logged in as an admin?

if you have home edition, there are ways of activating it but obviously requires a hack which can be found on yahoo or google.
you CAN however remote desktop FROM home edition to any xp pro, vista business, ultimate and server editions.

i agree w/ M$ that remote desktop shouldn't be needed on home versions.
it's used in the home. unless you have a 10,000 sq ft. house...walking to the other computer is perfectly fine.
UNC path to get your files.

I have home premium, I would probably have been able to find that info out myself if a bunch of XP people didn't think they should have had that option as well. :laughing:

Reasons for needing it can very, depending on the persons situation, albeit hard to imagine, I have my reasons. :happy:

Thanks for letting me know, I'll search for a hack. :D

Your help is much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom