Remote Desktop does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.

DummyTron

In Runtime
Alright so Im trying to get Remote Desktop to work from Windows Live Messenger.

But i still keep on getting the same error message:

"A Remote Assistance connection could not be established. You may want to check for network issues or determine if the invitation expired or was canceled by the person who sent it."

So naturally, I checked out the Microsoft Support Site:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899862

it said to

"To verify that the RDP-TCP listener is running on a particular novice computer, follow these steps: 1. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
2. At the command prompt, type qwinsta. If the RDP-TCP listener is running, you receive the following output:
rdp-tcp 65536 Listen rdpwd"

However, I do not receieve the rdp-tcp 65536 rdpwd message when i type in Qwisnta.

I already tried all that dumb stuff with the fire wall and port 3389 and making it accept remoke desktop connections. So I dont konw whats left.

Regards,

DummyTron

whats the network setup? are you trying to connect over the inet? Are there routers with NAT enabled? If so, is port forward or static Nat setup?

me and a buddy had some trouble getting remote assistance to work between a x86 box and a x64 box on a internal network.

..also check in services to make sur it is enabled, as stated above make sure your firewall , including windows firewall is not blocking.

This may seem a bit simple, but did you set up the "victim" to receive remote assistance invitations? If this is in a domain you could also set it up in the domains group policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom