Remote Desktop Credentials

Status
Not open for further replies.

808Alaska

In Runtime
OK everyone, so i got my computer set up with a static IP, i have DynamicDNS running to keep my ISP ip address static. i forwarded the ports and i allowed remote connection on my computer. However, when i try to log in i im able to get to my computer because it shows my user name and my user profile picture but when i go to put my password in it says that its the wrong credentials. I made sure im typing in my exact same user profile password and i made sure caps lock isnt on. is hteir something else im missing?

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Dynamic DNS isn't the way to keep an IP address static. Dynamic DNS allows your for IP addresses to be leased "dynamically", rather than fixed, as is static.

I was trying to point out that you have to understand the difference between static and dynamic IP addresses. You wouldn't use dynamic DNS to "keep an IP address static" (paraphrased of course). You use one or the other for a specific IP address or range of addresses.

So what is the network comprised of ? Can you tell us a little about your setup ? Router make, model, how is the gear layed out ?

try disabling (TCP/IPv6)
also contact your ISP to ask for their DNS server IP's. You can't use your default gateway.
Also look around in you Registry settings, follow this path

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client\

Hope this helps.

PS- What OS are you running from the computer you are connecting FROM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom