remote admin cannot access new server

Status
Not open for further replies.

statman1965

Solid State Member
I have had to set up a new server (2000server software), after finally managing to get it to dial out on the ext modem I now find my support cannot dial in using the Remote admin (Radmin) that is installed.
My support people are not being very helpful on this one.
Can anybody help?
Thanks

what are you using the dial-up for? is that how you connect to the net on the 2000 server? or your machine?
anyway, the default port for radmin is 4899. make sure that this port or whatever port that's setup in the configuration is allowed or forwarded through any/all firewalls . (you can view the port number by going into start > programs > Remote Administrator > Setting for Remote Administrator > Options Button > port number field)

the server which runs MS 2000 server is a Dell and I have had it from new and installed the software myself. This is the first time I have done this. When I attached a modem I had problems dialling out but seemed to overcome this but now when it dials it fails to verify my user name and password (as used on my current internet connection) and yet I am using that same modem successfully(not at the same time) for Zeta fax.
I tried following the 2000 server help - it told me to go to ports in remote admin but that doesn't come up on my machine.
I will check from your instructions that the port info is correct. I have also contacted my ISP to check the username and password.
I am clueless about this whole thing and dont really understand the link between the Server, the ISP and RAdmin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom